- 2 tbls popcorn
- 1 tbls cooking oil (can be soy, sunflower, peanut oil, etc – just not olive oil)
- melted butter
- Put popcorn kernels and oil in a medium sized pot. Place cover on pot and put on stove.
- With the help of an adult, turn stove to a medium heat. After a few minutes you will hear the kernels popping.
- DO NOT OPEN LID – it’s very hot and very dangerous.
- When there is a few seconds gap between each pop, turn off stove. You can remove the pot from the burner, but don’t open lid until the popping completely stops.
- Now you can pour the melted butter over the popcorn and sprinkle on some salt – make sure you toss it around a bit while doing this, so the butter and salt will be spread evenly.