Five Little Pumpkins Game
First you will need to cut and glue together the die.
Supplies: Five Little Pumpkins Die, 1 orange face painting pencil, 1 black face painting pencil, 1 pumpkin hat/necklace/(or something to indicate who the Pumpkin Master is).
The Pumpkin Master’s job is to throw the die, determine who the last person to say and the action that goes with each symbol is and to draw the parts of a jack-o-lantern (orange circle, 2 black eyes, 1 nose, 1 mouth) one piece at a time on to that person’s cheek.
1. Go over the actions and what to say with each symbol.
2. The Pumpkin Master is chosen (by age, by counting games etc) he (or she) wears the pumpkin hat, holds the two pencils and throws the die.
3. The Pumpkin Master throws the die. Everybody says the phrase and does the action that goes with each symbol.
4. The Pumpkin Master draws an orange circle onto the cheek of the last person to say the phrase and do the action. If someone makes a mistake and says the wrong phrase and does the wrong action, the Pumpkin Master draws a circle on that players face too.
5. After (approximately) three throws of the die, the Pumpkin Master changes to the person on the first Pumpkin Master’s left, he/she gets the hat, the die and the 2 face paint pencils.
6. The first person to get all the parts of a jack-o-lantern drawn on his or her face is a Jack-o-Lantern and the game is ended (or starts all over again).