Have we got a deal for you. Instead of just one game, we have three! Print these sheets out and you can to play Four In A Row, Christmas Memory or Go Fish!
First print out 1 each of these cards onto heavy weight paper: 1). Cut the excess paper off along the top line of each sheet. Put the two boards top sides together and tape along the seam on the backside of the boards. Your board should look something like this: 2). Print 1 copy and cut out cards:
Great! Now you are almost ready to play! To play Four in A Row you will need lots of makers. Choose 4 different colors and you will need 20 makers of each color (so you will have 80 markers all together). We use bottle caps, you can also use poker chips, paper circles or anything you want to maker the spaces. Now you are ready to play!
For 2 – 4 players (see variation for options with more players).
Object of Four in a Row is to cover 4 spaces in a row (horizontally,
vertically or diagonally).
- Decide who the dealer will be and who will go first. Players choose a color..
- Each player is dealt 3 cards.
- The first player chooses one card from her hand, uses 1 of her chips to cover 1 space with the corresponding picture (she must say what the picture is before putting down her chip) and discards the card.
- The dealer gives her a new card. The next player plays one of her cards and so on for each player.
- Wild Card means that the player that holds the card may put a chip on any uncovered square and the discards the card. Take 1 Away means the player that holds the card can take off one chip from another player and then discards the card. Anyone may use the free space, it’s used as though a chip already covers it (you don’t actually have to cover it with a chip).
- The first player to cover 4 spaces wins.
*Variations- if you have more 6-8 players, players can play as a team- 2 people are assigned 1 color, sit seperately and are still dealt 3 cards each.
OR you can also use the deck of cards to play Christmas Memory or Go Fish! We know you know how to play Memory, so we won’t explain it. In case you don’t know how to play Go Fish, here’s how it’s played:
The Object of Go Fish is to win the most sets of 4 cards by asking players for them.
1. Each player is dealt 5 cards. The dealer puts the undealt cards in a stack in the middle. The player on the dealer’s left begins by asking if another player has a card from his hand. (For example- Johnny do you have any gingerbread men?) If that player has it, he gives Johnny all his gingerbread men cards. If he does not, he responds ‘Go Fish’ and the 1st player must draw a card.
2. If the player gets the card he asked for, he goes again. If he doesn’t get the card from another player, but then draws the card because another player said ‘Go Fish’ and the card is the one he asked for, he may have another turn. When the player does not get the card he asks for, nor draws the card he asks for, play passes to the next person on the left. When a player has a pair, he may take the matching cards out of his hand.
4. The game continues until all cards are drawn and then pairs are counted. The player with the most pairs wins.