This was a really fun workshop, we made frogs that jumped really high! To do this you will need:
- craft foam (it comes out better if you have a few colors)
- 2 googly eyes
- 2 empty yogurt pots or plastic cups
- 1 or 2 rubber bands
- a pencil
- colored pens (Sharpies) work the best, but may not be appropriate for smaller kids)
- a hot glue gun (to be used with the assistance of an adult)
- an awl (or something to poke holes into the cups- this is quite dangerous, so this instrument should be used the an adult)
- frog stencil
4. Have an adult poke 4 holes, equal distance (more or less) into the cups. Cut a rubber band in half and make a knot at one end. Thread the rubber band from the outside to the inside of one hole and then thread again through the opposite hole and tie a knot. Make sure rubber band is a little bit taut. Do the same thing with the other half of the rubber band into the remaining two holes. Your rubber band should make a cross at the open end of the cup. 5. Glue your frog onto the cup (bottom side up). Now you are ready to make your frog jump!
(This would be a fun project to do for Easter with a rabbit too, let us know if you try it).
Thanks tobkids for this project.